Many people are in a lot of trouble finding color codes, and many people want to know about how to find color codes easily on this topic. Especially when you go to find something of a specific color, you will need to know the exact color code.
Also, if you are a graphic designer, then you must need to know about the color code for the perfect design. Here we will look at a few ways. By doing this, you can easily find the exact color code.
- How to Find Color Codes
- Method # 1 How to Find Color Code in Paint
- Method # 2 How to Find Color Code in Illustrator
- Method # 3 Best Color Code Pickers (Website, Extension, Software, Apps)
How to Find Color Codes
We will show you how you can find different color codes in a few easy steps, so you can always find the color code using the way you like. Let’s see.
Method # 1 How to Find Color Code in Paint
If you are a Windows operating system user, then this method is a perfect way for you. But if you are MAC operating system user, then don’t worry; the next method is perfect for you. For this method, you don’t have to install any color codes software; also, you don’t have other hassles because Paint Software is pre-installed in the Windows operating system.
Step # 1 Take a Screenshot and Paste It Into Paint
- First, take a screenshot of the place where you want to pick the color code; for this, you can use the keyboard shortcut keys “ALT + PRTSCN,” and alternatively, you can use “Snipping Tools.”
- Then you open “Ms. Paint,” it is pre-installed on your desktop, so there is no problem with making new installations.
- Then press the Keyboard Shortcut “CTRL + V” while you are in Ms. Paint, or paste the screenshot by right click the mouse.
- After pasting the Ms Paint artboard will look a lot like the screenshot below, then follow the next steps.
Step # 2 Use The Color Picker to Identify The Color
Then select the color picker at the top of Ms. Paint shown in the screenshot below.
Then from the image of the screenshot in the art board of Ms Paint, pick the color you want to code with the eyedropper. You can then see your picked color “Color 1” box at the top of Ms. Paint.
Step # 3 See The Color Codes on Edit Color Option
Then you click on “Edit Color,” then a new pop up will show on your screen; from there, you can easily see the RGB codes.
Method # 2 How to Find Color Code in Illustrator
If you are a graphics designer, you must already be familiar with adobe illustrator software, and this software is support on MAC and Windows, both operating systems. As a graphic designer, it is very important to know the color combination code when designing different branding.
If you want more details, color code in CMYK, HSB, RGB, Web Color mode, here illustrators will help you a lot, and if you have illustrator software on your desktop, then you can easily find with the help of it RGB, CMYK, HSB modes color. You can easily pick the code.
Here are some easy steps to follow.
Step # 1 Open the Adobe Illustrator and Click the Eyedropper
First, open the Adobe Illustrator software, then open the image from which you want to take the color code by dragging it in the illustrator’s artboard. Then click the “Eyedropper” from the tools panel on the left sidebar, and with the eyedropper, you can pick the color code of the part of the image you want to pick.
Step # 2 Double Click The “Fill Color”
Then you can see the picked color in the “Fill Color” box, which is arrived on the left at the bottom of the tool panel. After double-clicking on fill color, you can see HSB, RGB, CMYK, and HEX color code separately, and from here, you can easily pick your exact color codes.
Method # 3 Best Color Code Pickers (Website, Extension, Software, Apps)
In addition to the above easy way, you can pick the color in some more easy way. For this, you can use different websites, chrome extension, apps, or software. As a result, you do not have to repeatedly open the picture illustrators, ms paint, and pick the color. You can easily pick any color directly through the website, software, and extension.
Below we are mentioning some Websites, Extension, Software, and Apps. You can use whatever you like at your convenience. Let’s see.
Best Color Picker Software for Windows
- ColorPic (Windows Software)
Download: The ColorPic Software
- Instant Eyedropper (Windows Software)
Download: The Instant Eyedropper Software
Best Color Picker Software for MAC
- ColorSnapper 2 (MAC Software)
Download: The ColorSnapper 2 Software
- Just Color Picker (For Both Windows and MAC Software)
Download: The Just Color Picker Software
Best Color Picker Apps
- Pixolor App (Android App)
Download: The Pixolor App
- iDropper (iOS App)
Download: The iDropper App
Best Color Picker Online
- HTMLColorCodes (Website)
- ImageColorPicker.com (Website)
Best Color Picker Chrome Extension
- ColorPick Eyedropper (Chrome Extension)
Download: The ColorPick Eyedropper Extension
- Eye Dropper (Chrome Extension)
Download: The Eye Dropper Extension
Best Color Picker Firefox Extension
- ColorZilla (Firefox Extension)
Download: The ColorZilla Extension
- Rainbow Color Tools (Firefox Extension)
Download: The Rainbow Color Tools Extension